How to approach tech interviews
Published in job hunting, on Feb 2, 2021
Great post describing at a high level how to enter the tech interview process. Some notes:
- Always have a story. It should be obvious to the interviewer why you want to join their company. You should have a genuine story about why the role excites you.
- Make studying and interview prep as fun and entertaining as possible.
- There's a difference between interviewing at startups and big tech companies. Plan accordingly.
- Have a timeline.
- Know yourself, your interests and what you're looking for in your next role.
- Companies want passionate people.
- Think about and consider your past experiences. There are some great prep questions in the article :)
- Keep in touch with past coworkers.
- On a technical level study Arrays and Hash Tables. Know hash functions, hash collisions, mergesort and quicksort.
- Be helpful and help others.